* All Nuggets are Pictured with a U.S Quarter, which is 24.5MM in diameter, to give you an idea of the proportional size of the gold nugget.
*We obtain natural gold nuggets direct from the Australian plains and fields. These nuggets are sourced from a metal detector, uncleaned direct to your living room......
About Nuggets by Grant:
In November of 2013, I opened up my Gold Nugget store. With thousands of satisfied customers, I will continue to strive to provide the highest quality, largest selection, and best priced gold nuggets on the internet. Through my connections with, Orocal, I have access to Nuggets in regions such as Alaska, Canada, and Australia. My nuggets come directly from miners and they range in sizes from small fines to 40-ounce nuggets. If you are looking for a specific size I am sure to have it in the quality, value, and selection you desire. When you buy from me you will be guaranteed your nugget is genuine and not a man-made imitation with a certificate of authenticity backed by Orocal- the #1 Gold Nugget company in the world.
So, if you looking for a specific size of nugget, we are sure to have it in the quality, value, and selection you desire. When you buy from us, you will be guaranteed your nugget is genuine, not a man-made imitation, and will come with a certificate of authenticity (In your shipment, you will be given a WARRANTY CARD offering 110% of your money-back guarantee if your nugget is not authentic).
GOLD NUGGET GUIDE :
What is a Natural Gold Nugget? A Natural gold nugget is a piece of gold that broke out of quartz deposits within the earth when erosion took place. It also goes by the name Placer Gold and each nugget is one of a kind with no two being exactly alike.
· Where can they be found? Gold nuggets may be found wherever the effects of erosion took place. That would include rivers, streams, ancient dried up river channels, and underground riverbeds.
· How pure are they? Gold nuggets range from 65 to 95 fine, 16-23KT gold, and can have other mineral content such as silver and copper mixed in with it.
· What sizes are the gold nuggets?? Gold Nuggets come in all sizes. The smaller ones range in sizes from 1 millimeter up to 6 millimeters and are often referred to as flakes. Bigger flakes are called nuggets and have been found as large as 2500 ounces although almost all nuggets bigger than 300 ounces were melted.
· How Are Natural Gold Nuggets found? They can be found in rivers and streams using a gold pan or suction dredges that act like an underground vacuum cleaner. Larger operations use large machinery that digs up huge sections of dirt weighing several tons and run it through machines that separate the gold from the dirt. Nuggets are also found using a metal detector.
· How are they weighed? Gold nuggets are weighed in troy ounces. 12 ounces = one pound, which differs from normal weight measurements, which consider 16 ounces as a pound. Troy ounces are broken up into 20-pennyweight to the ounces and use the symbol DWT or by the grams which have 31.1 to the ounces. The larger the nugget the more rare and valuable they are. A one-ounce nugget is now considered as rare as a five-carat diamond. (How many of those do you own?)
· Why are some real bright and others dull? Some gold nuggets are formed underground in quartz deposits where you often find quartz mixed in with the nugget. When the nugget broke off into the rivers and streams it tumbled against the sand and gravel, which gives the nugget its texture but dulls it. Nuggets can be cleaned in different solutions, and then tumbled in different media to give it the shine.
· What do we mean by My Authentic Natural Gold Nuggets under 4 grams come from two main sources? One is located near Dawson in the Yukon Territory. The second is Atlin, BC Canada about 50 miles as the crow flies from Skagway, Alaska. Skagway was where the miners of the 1898 Klondike gold rush traveled through to reach the goldfields. This is the reason I describe them as Alaskan Yukon BC Nuggets., Genuine, Natural Gold Nuggets. Not all Gold nuggets are natural, some people man-make them by taking smaller gold flakes, melting them, and casting them into the shape of a nugget. Make sure to ask if they are genuine natural gold nuggets as found by the miners and come with a certificate of authenticity.
* All Nuggets are Pictured or Partially Pictured with a U.S. Quarter to give you an idea of Size Proportion