Authentic Alaskan BC Natural Gold Nugget 1.45 grams.
We call these Alaskan BC Nuggets because they are found in Atlin, British Columbia, around 50 miles as the crow flies from Skagway, Alaska. This region of gold was discovered as a result of the Klondike Goldrush that went through Skagway Alaska starting in 1898.
Dawson and Atlin mining only uses water and no chemicals. This is the most ethical and eco-friendly way to mine gold, and you typically call it placer mining. Our miners work hard at recovering the land from previous damages done by the old methods. We see results of land growing back vegetation and animal life within 1- 6 years.
This vast region of Atlin, British Columbia, has the most diverse purity in gold with all sorts of other elements like silver and copper. Nuggets that are closer to the bedrock are reddish. Ones that have more silt are greenish.
The Gold Nuggets in this region run from 82-86% pure. Natural Nuggets are never 100% pure as they always have other minerals in them.
* All Nuggets are Pictured or Partially Pictured with a U.S. Quarter which is 24.5MM in diameter to give you an idea of size About Nuggets by Grant:
GOLD NUGGET GUIDE :
What is a Natural Gold Nugget? It is a piece of gold that broke out of quartz deposits within the earth when erosion took place. It also goes by the name Placer Gold and each piece is a one of a kind with no two being exactly alike.
· Where can they be found? Wherever the effects of erosion took place. That would include rivers, streams, ancient dried up river channels and underground riverbeds.
· How pure are they? Gold nuggets range from 65 to 95 fine 16-23KT gold and can have other mineral content such as silver and copper mixed in with it.
· What sizes do they come in? Gold Nuggets come in all sizes, the smaller one range in sizes from 1 millimeter up to 6 and is often referred to as flakes. Bigger flakes are called nuggets and have been found as large as 2500 ounces although almost all nuggets bigger than 300 ounces were melted.
· How Are Natural Gold Nuggets found? They can be found in rivers and streams using a gold pan or suction dredges that act like an underground vacuum cleaner. Larger operations use large machinery that dig up huge sections of dirt weighing several tons and run it through machines that separate the gold from the dirt. Nuggets are also found using a metal detector.
· How are they weighed? They are weighed by the troy ounces. 12 ounces = one pound which differs from weight which is 16 ounces to the pound. The troy ounces are broke up into 20-penny weight to the ounces and use the symbol DWT or by the grams which has 31.1 to the ounces. The larger the nugget the more rare and valuable they are. A one-ounce nugget is now considered as rare as a five-carat diamond. (How many of those do you own?)
· Why are some real bright and others dull? Because it was formed underground in quartz deposit you often find quartz mixed in with it. When they broke off into the rivers and streams they tumbled against the sand and gravel, which gave the nuggets, it?s texture but dulled it. They can be cleaned in different solutions, and then tumbled in different media to give it the shine.
· What do we mean by My Authentic Natural Gold Nuggets under 4 grams come from two main sources. One is located near Dawson in the Yukon Territory. The second is Atlin, BC Canada about 50 miles as the crow flies from Skagway, Alaska. Skagway was where the miners of the 1898 Klondike gold rush traveled through to reach the gold fields. This is the reason I describe them as Alaskan Yukon BC Nuggets., Genuine, Natural Gold Nuggets? Not all Gold nuggets are natural, some people man-make them by taking smaller gold flakes melting them and casting them into the shape of a nugget. Make sure to ask if they are genuine natural gold nuggets as found by the miners and come with a certificate of authenticity.
About Nuggets by Grant
In November of 2013 I opened up my Gold Nugget store. With thousands of satisfied customers I will continue to strive to provide the highest quality, largest selection and best priced gold nuggets on . Through using my connections from Orocal I can gain access to Nuggets in regions such as Alaska, Canada , and Australia directly from the miners ranging in sizes from small fines to 40 ounce nuggets. If your looking for a specific size I am sure to have it in the quality, value, and selection you desire. When you buy from me you will be guaranteed your nugget is genuine and not a man-made imitation with a certificate of authenticity backed by Orocal the #1 Gold Nugget company in the World. What is a Natural Gold Nugget? It is a piece of gold that broke out of quartz deposits within the earth when erosion took place. It also goes by the name Placer Gold and each piece is a one of a kind with no two being exactly alike.