California Gold Nugget 84.84 Grams 2.72 Troy Oz. Authentic Natural American River
84.84 Gram - 2.72 TROY OZ California Nugget found in the American River 92% PURE GOLD
Length = 40 mm Width = 30 mm Thickness = 15 mm
Each Purchase Get's Nuggets by Grant 110% Money Back Guarantee Card that these are Authentic and Real Found in the earth and not man made
-The #1 Online Gold Nugget Company Nuggets by Grant -
About the Region:
The American River was the site of the original gold discovery in California. On January 24, 1848, James Marshall discovered flakes of gold at Sutter’s Mill, located along the banks of the South Fork American River. Despite his attempts to keep the discovery quiet, work got out, and by the summer of 1849, hundreds of thousands of hopeful prospectors were coming to California from all around the world.
The river system is divided into three main branches; the North Fork, Middle Fork, and South Forks. They are located in El Dorado, Placer, and Sacramento Counties. The gold bearing parts of the river include nearly all of the headwaters that feed these main forks as well, which originate in the rich high country of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
There are literally thousands of miles of gold bearing rivers and streams that make up the American River drainage. Additionally there are many dry gulches and lode gold deposits that have potential for gold. While many of these deposits have been discovered and are actively being mined, many of them are long abandoned and now open to recreational prospecting. In addition, there are certainly some rich gold deposits throughout the Mother Lode that are yet to be discovered.
What is a Natural Gold Nugget? It is a piece of gold that broke out of quartz deposits within the earth when erosion took place. It also goes by the name Placer Gold and each piece is a one of a kind with no two being exactly alike.
· Where can they be found? Wherever the effects of erosion took place. That would include rivers, streams, ancient dried up river channels and underground riverbeds.
· How pure are they? Gold nuggets range from 65 to 95 fine 16-23KT gold and can have other mineral content such as silver and copper mixed in with it.
· What sizes do they come in? Gold Nuggets come in all sizes, the smaller one range in sizes from 1 millimeter up to 6 and is often referred to as flakes. Bigger flakes are called nuggets and have been found as large as 2500 ounces although almost all nuggets bigger than 300 ounces were melted.
· How Are Natural Gold Nuggets found? They can be found in rivers and streams using a gold pan or suction dredges that act like an underground vacuum cleaner. Larger operations use large machinery that dig up huge sections of dirt weighing several tons and run it through machines that separate the gold from the dirt. Nuggets are also found using a metal detector.
· How are they weighed? They are weighed by the troy ounces. 12 ounces = one pound which differs from weight which is 16 ounces to the pound. The troy ounces are broke up into 20-penny weight to the ounces and use the symbol DWT or by the grams which has 31.1 to the ounces. The larger the nugget the more rare and valuable they are. A one-ounce nugget is now considered as rare as a five-carat diamond. (How many of those do you own?
· Why are some real bright and others dull? Because it was formed underground in quartz deposit you often find quartz mixed in with it. When they broke off into the rivers and streams they tumbled against the sand and gravel, which gave the nuggets, it?s texture but dulled it. They can be cleaned in different solutions, and then tumbled in different media to give it the shine.
· * All Nuggets are Pictured or Partially Pictured with a U.S. Quarter to give you an idea of Size Proportion